- What items are permitted to bring in the Arena?
a. The Gateway Center Arena Clear Bag Policy strictly limits the size and types of bags that are permitted in an effort to keep all guests safe while attending an event. Backpacks, purses (other than small clutches), and diaper bags are not permitted. The Gateway Center Arena strongly encourages guests not to bring any bags, however, the following will be permitted:
- Each guest may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12” by x 6” x 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch purse no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap, subject to search.
- Each guest, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- Metal detector screening and a search of all items being carried in will take place at entry. There are no provisions available at the arena to store or safeguard any prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their vehicle.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag, however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag. o Blankets should be carried over the shoulder to be screened more quickly.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones are permitted if carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Seat cushions without pockets, zippers or concealable areas must not exceed 18 inches wide.
There are no provisions to check prohibited bags or items at the arena. Guests will be asked to either return prohibited items to parked vehicle, if they have not entered the arena, or dispose of prohibited items at the entrance. The Gateway Center Arena is not responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.
List of Prohibited Items:
- Outside food or drink
- Coolers, bottles, cans or hydration packs (i.e. Camelbacks)
- Backpacks, large purses, duffle bags and luggage – (Bags must be smaller than 12”x 12”x 6”) – (Bags with medical necessity require special accommodations) • Video or audio recording equipment
- Professional photography equipment to include tripods or monopods
- Lasers pointers
- Large umbrellas
- Balloons without prior approval
- Selfie sticks and action cameras (i.e. GoPros)
- Signs or banners without prior approval
- Hover boards, skateboards and rollerblades
- Illegal drugs and alcohol
- Weapons of any kind, including lawfully concealed firearms
- Pepper spray
- Artificial noise-making devices
- Pets except for service animals
- Aerosol cans
- Beach balls
- Any item deemed to compromise public safety
Dangerous or disruptive conduct will result in ejection from the premises. Gateway Center Arena reserves the right to deny entry or access.
- How early may I enter the venue for an event?
a. Doors for all events open one (1) hour prior to event start time, subject to change each event. b. Metal detector screening and a search of all items being carried in will take place at entry. There are no provisions available at the arena to store or safeguard any prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their vehicle.
- Are cameras/recording devices permitted?
a. As a general rule, video cameras, audio recording devices, and cameras with 90mm lenses, detachable lenses, and large telephoto lenses are prohibited in the Gateway Center Arena.
- Is smoking permitted?
a. Guests are not allowed to smoke in the Gateway Center Arena or Georgia International Convention Center. For Arena events, there is an outside Smoking Area located on West side of the building entrance.
- Can I bring food and beverages into an event?
a. Guests are not permitted to bring food or beverages including alcoholic beverages into the Gateway Center Arena or Georgia International Convention Center.
- At what age does a child require a ticket?
a. All individuals twenty-four months-old or older must possess a valid ticket for entry into the Gateway Center Arena. Children under twenty-four months-old -old are admitted free of charge for most events, as long as they sit on a lap. Please note specific events require children one-year-old or older to possess a ticket and will be noted on the show’s event calendar listing.
- Does the Gateway Center Arena have a lost & found?
a. If you lose an item in the Arena while the event is still taking place, please report the incident to our Guest Services Desk. In the Arena, it is located on the concourse level.
- Are these tickets real?
a. The only tickets guaranteed to be valid are ones sold either by one of the venue ticket offices or by our official ticket providers. Unfortunately, there are instances where someone may come into possession of fraudulent tickets. Keep in mind that in many cases, the Ticket Office cannot verify if a ticket is valid until it is scanned on the night of the show.
- How can I get backstage passes for a concert?
a. Backstage passes can never be bought through the Gateway Center Arena. The backstage passes are supplied by the touring personnel and arrangements must be made to receive these passes prior to the event through the touring personnel. The Gateway Center Arena personnel cannot give out backstage passes to guests.
- How much is parking?
a. Parking rate will vary based on the event.
- Will events be cancelled due to rain or other inclement weather?
a. All shows at Gateway Center Arena are ‘Rain or Shine’ events. Only in extreme inclement weather are shows canceled or postponed. Rain and snow are not considered inclement weather.
- How many bags can each person bring into the stadium?
a. One clear bag, 12″ by 6″ by 12″ plus a small clutch. The larger clear bag must be no larger than 12″ by 6″ by 12″, made of clear PVC vinyl and easily searched. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and is also easily searched.
- Are all purses prohibited?
a. No. Unlike some event venues, we are not banning all bags. Small clutch purses, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted along with the 12″ x 6″ x 12″ clear tote bag. This should enable you to carry the same items you have in previous years to most other venues and speed entry into the arena for all fans because it will take less time to screen bags. We encourage fans not to bring any bags but have created a policy that balances fan needs with improved public safety and convenience.
- Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
a. No. We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the arena, not items that you normally bring to a game. You can carry keys, makeup, feminine products, a comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc., in your pockets or jacket if you choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch. You can use the clear bag and clutch to carry other items. You will continue to have the flexibility to bring a wide variety of approved items into the arena. Every member of your family may carry in a permissible bag. All items in pockets must be removed prior to search at each entrance of the arena.
- What about diaper bags?
a. Diaper bags are not allowed for families with infants and toddlers. Items should be placed in permissible clear bag as defined in the clear bag policy.
- What are our ticket box office hours?
a. Monday-Friday: 9 am- 5pm
b. Event Days: Until Event Start
- What is our weapons policy?
a. No weapons (firearms, knives, etc.) will be allowed on the premise at any time regardless of a permit. All patrons will be required to go through a metal detector upon building entrance during public events.
- Do you have special needs accommodations?
a. Gateway Center Arena accommodates for ADA needs. There are marked parking spaces in the general parking lot. There are designated areas around the Gateway Center Arena where ADA Guests can enjoy the same great view as the rest of our guests. Tickets may be purchased online and at the designated ticket windows for ADA seating. 1
- Is there a re-entry policy?
a. Gateway Center Arena will not grant re-entry.
- What is our refund policy?
a. There will be no refunds or exchanges for Atlanta Dream tickets.
- What is our food & beverage policy?
a. Gateway Center Arena has exclusivity over all food and beverages consumed in the building. No outside food and/or beverages are permitted. Authorized concessions located within the facility proudly serve food and beverage products.
- Will there be souvenirs and items sold at the event.
a. All novelties, T-shirts, souvenirs, etc. will be sold in the Skyway located in the Gateway Arena.
- What is our pet policy?
a. Gateway Center Arena prohibits any animal from being brought into the facility unless it is a service animal for an ADA guest, or prior approval has been given for special events.
- Will there be first aid in case of an emergency?
a. There will be designated first aid areas and EMT onsite during most events.
- How do I volunteer to work at the Gateway Center Arena?
a. Detailed information on how to apply will be updated soon, please check back often for more information.