Please see below for instructions to share with fans on how to access and use the Tap to Cheer feature during Atlanta Dream games this season.
Tap to Cheer will allow Atlanta Dream fans to virtually cheer during live games. How does it work?
- Download the WNBA mobile application (available on iOS and Android).
- During live games, open the WNBA app and select ‘Games’ (located in the bottom navigation bar), and tap on the ‘Cheer’ button. Fans will be prompted to cheer three different times throughout a live game via push notifications from the app. These three prompts (referred to as ‘rounds’) are currently scheduled for tipoff, start of the second quarter and start of the third quarter. Each push notification prompt indicates a new round of cheering.
- The goal is for fans to win the “golden” basketball for each round. Fans must tap on their team’s logo and fill the meter to the top until a spinning basketball animation appears. This means the cheer threshold has been reached and the team will be awarded one golden basketball.
- Example: For Round 1, if the threshold is 500 “cheers,” fans will need to keep playing until they hit 500 taps. The first fan base to 500 taps wins that round and the golden basketball. A team wins the cheering for the whole game by having the most taps for at least 2 of the 3 rounds (at least 2 golden basketballs).
- At the end of the game, the WNBA will tally the total number of taps per team and showcase the results on a Tap to Cheer leaderboard. At the end of the regular season, fans from teams with the top three total taps will receive an invitation to participate in a moderated virtual roundtable with players from that team.
To download the WNBA app on iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wnba/id641992398
To download the WNBA app on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wnba.centercourt&hl=en_US