Dream tie franchise record with 14 made three’s
SEATTLE – Renee Montgomery and Monique Billings each finished with 15 points but the Dream dropped a 92-75 decision to the Seattle Storm (16-15) Sunday evening at Alaska Airlines Arena.
The Dream (7-24) tied a franchise record with 14 three’s made, including five from Montgomery in the loss. Alex Bentley scored 14 points and Tiffany Hayes added 10 for the Dream. The team got a season-high 40 points from its bench in the loss.
Atlanta shot an impressive 46.9% from the field and saw 19 points come from the bench in the first half but the Dream trailed 53-36 at halftime. Billings led the team with eight points over the first 20 minutes.
The Dream fought valiantly in the second half, cutting the Storm lead to just four points with 4:29 left on a Bentley three-pointer but Seattle responded with an 8-0 run to earn the win.
Atlanta continues its final road trip of the season at Los Angeles Tuesday, September 3 before returning home to host Las Vegas on Thursday, September 5 at 7:30 p.m. Group and single game tickets are available now. For more information, visit atlantadream.net or call 877.977.7729.
The Atlanta Dream, who are celebrating their 12th season in the WNBA in 2019, will play their home games in State Farm Arena in downtown Atlanta. The Dream have qualified for the playoffs nine times, winning conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010.
Atlanta Dream Notes
- Atlanta started Renee Montgomery, Tiffany Hayes, Brittney Sykes, Jessica Breland and Elizabeth Williams. This group is 5-15 on the season as starters.
- Renee Montgomery has connected on multiple threes in a game 15 times this season. She has hit at least four in three of the last four games.
- Montgomery recorded her 11th game in double-figure scoring behind 15 points.
- With her 15 points, Montgomery surpassed 3,500 for her career (3,501).
- Tiffany Hayes finished in double-figure scoring for the 22nd time this season and the ninth straight game with 10 points.
- Monique Billings finished with 15 points off the bench, her fifth game in double-digits.
- Billings knocked down her first career three-point shot in the fourth quarter.
- Alex Bentley finished with 14 points for her 13th game this season in double figures.
- The Dream finished with a season-high 40 points off the bench.
- Atlanta connected tied a franchise record with 14 three-pointers made.
- 14 – at Connecticut, June 27, 2008 (OT)
- 14 – at Detroit, June 29, 2008