The 2021 WNBA Draft presented by State Farm is set for Thursday, April 15 and will air on ESPN beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET. The Atlanta Dream hold three picks in the upcoming draft, including the No. 3 overall selection.
Atlanta Dream Pre-Draft Show
The Dream will be hosting a 30-minute pre-draft show live on Facebook beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET. Fans will get the chance to watch exclusive interviews from host Arielle Chambers with the team’s new ownership group (Larry Gottesdiener, Suzanne Abair and Renee Montgomery), head coach Nicki Collen, Dream center Elizabeth Williams and forward Monique Billings, and local sports reporter Nia Sapp.
Atlanta enters the 2021 Draft with the No. 3, No. 15 and No. 27 overall selections. The Dream won the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft Lottery, making this the team’s second-highest draft pick in franchise history.
Atlanta’s all-time first round draft picks (2008-20)
- 1 – Angel McCoughtry (2009)
- 2 – N/A
- 3 – 2021 Draft Selection
- 4 – Chennedy Carter (2020)
- 5 – N/A
- 6 – N/A
- 7 – Brittney Sykes (2017)
- 8 – Tamera Young (2008), Ta’Shia Phillips (2011)*, Shoni Schimmel (2014)
- 9 – Chanel Mokango (2010)
- 10 – Samantha Logic (2015)
- 11 – Bria Holmes (2016), Brianna Turner (2019)^
- 12 – N/A
* The Dream traded guard Kelly Miller, the team’s 2011 No. 8 overall draft pick Ta’Shia Phillips and a first round pick in 2012 to the Mystics in exchange for Lindsey Harding and a second round pick in 2012
^ Traded to Phoenix for the Mercury’s 2018 First Round Selection, Marie Gülich
The Dream drafted Sancho Lyttle at No. 1 overall in the 2009 Houston Comets Dispersal Draft
Current Dream players originally drafted in the first round
- Shekinna Stricklen (2012 – 2nd overall by Seattle)
- Chennedy Carter (2020 – 4th overall by Atlanta)
- Elizabeth Williams (2015 – 4th overall by Connecticut)
- Kalani Brown (2019 – 7th overall by Los Angeles)
- Courtney Williams (2016 – 8th overall by Phoenix)
Atlanta Dream Uniforms
Make sure to lookout for the new Atlanta Dream uniform when WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert announces the No. 3 pick Thursday night.
Last week, the Dream unveiled their brand-new uniforms ahead of the 2021 season, joining forces with the WNBA and NIKE, Inc. Read the full story here. Fans can purchase these jerseys on the WNBA online store, Nike.com, Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Official Atlanta Dream Team Store.
Pick Your Pick powered by SAP
Through Pick Your Pick powered by SAP, fans will have the opportunity to take on the role of a general manager by predicting each draft pick on the WNBA App and WNBA.com, with real-time results incorporated into the ESPN telecast.
To further enhance the viewing experience and to interact with fans, the WNBA will also offer Draft Chat with Ari Chambers, in which WNBA reporter Ari Chambers (@ariivory) will host a text-only chat room on the WNBA App and WNBA.com beginning at 6 p.m. ET. Fans will have the opportunity to get exclusive insights on this year’s prospects from WNBA players and legends as well as ESPN analysts and WNBA and NBA skills coaches. They also will have the chance to submit questions for the guests prior to the event and interact live with the chat via emojis. Special guests include 2020 WNBA MVP A’ja Wilson of the Las Vegas Aces (@aja22wilson), WNBA legend Temeka Johnson (@quickdeuce), ESPN analyst Maria Taylor (@mariataylor) and WNBA and NBA skills coaches Alex Bazzell (@alexbazzell) and Chris Matthews (@lethalshooter).